Click the link below to open my online karaoke catalog in a new browser tab. After locating the song you wish to sing, you can simply copy/paste the text of the title into the "Ask The DJ" request form that will appear below your search results on the catalog page. Don't forget to enter your first name in the request form as well, so you can be called to the stage when your turn in the rotation comes up.
I strongly encourage everyone to use the online catalog and request form, rather than placing your request in person at the DJ booth. As it saves everyone involved a lot of time, and since I'm paper-free; it ensures that I don't forget your request before getting it entered into my system. If you require assistance feel free to come speak with me in the DJ booth, I'm happy to help.
With the collaboration and support of Michael's Bar and Grill in Newport TN, we will be crowning a monthly Karaoke All-Star. The title not only comes with bragging rights but some nice prizes as well. Competition qualifying will begin the first Wednesday of every month at our regularly scheduled karaoke night, and carry on each week until the finals. If you wish to be considered for voting, simply let me know when you are called up to sing before your performance. I will make a high quality recording of your performance, and post it here for voting. Voting will last one week, beginning after the show and ending at noon on Wednesdays, and winners will be announced weekly at karaoke night. On the last Wednesday of the month all winners for the month will go head to head for a live showdown. Prizes will be awarded on the spot, and the winner will have their performance, pic, and bio posted here and on Facebook.
1. Contest is not open to any "professional musician, vocalist, or entertainer" (Professional means you have been paid to sing, play an instrument, or otherwise perform music, live or in studio, in the current tax year, or you have made more than 50% of your income from performing in the last 5 years)
2. No entry fee will be required.
3. Qualifying rounds begin on the first Wednesday of every month, and "Finals Night" will occur on the last Wednesday of the month. As such some months will have 3 qualifying weeks, and some may have 4; depending on the number of Wednesdays in the given month.
4. Contestants who wish to enter the contest must inform the karaoke host when they are called to the stage before they have begun performing.
5. Contestants may only submit one performance per round(night) for voting, Once said performance has begun, contestants may not request to "do-over" said submission, nor submit another performance that night in its place. Exceptions to this may only occur in cases of equipment failure, or other circumstance beyond the control of the contestant. This decision is at the sole discretion of the karaoke host, and all decisions are final.
6. Voting will take place on a secure online voting platform, and the recorded submissions will be hosted on this page below, with the ability to instantly stream.
7. Contestants are encouraged to share the contest with friends and family, to honestly solicit as many votes for your performance as possible. However cheating and/or unsportsmanlike behavior during any step in the process will not be tolerated, and will result in immediate forfeit regardless of the offender's status, vote count, etc. Cheating will be considered but not limited to any mechanism by which a contestant (a) Artificially inflates their vote count. For example by using dummy Facebook accounts, or services such as Fiver. (b) Interferes with another contestant's submission to diminish their vote count. ie Account hacking, or contacting voters directly or indirectly and by any means soliciting them to rescind votes cast for a fellow contestant and (c) any intentional action that does or could result in the loss, or damage of, another contestant's recording data(ie sabotage of equipment). Unsportsmanlike behavior may include, but is not limited to: (a) Heckling or otherwise knowingly interfering with a fellow contestant during their performance, (b) any rude, threatening, violent, demeaning, or intimidating interactions with fellow contestants, bar patrons, venue staff, bartenders, servers or online voters, whether in person on performance nights or online during the weekly voting phase. Jackasses will not be tolerated.
8. Contestants may perform any karaoke track in my library. It is strongly suggested that contestants use the online catalog on this page to ensure I have the track you wish to perform before beginning any practicing, and most certainly before you arrive on any given contest night. The catalog is easy to use and searchable by artist or title. It is also strongly suggested that contestants select one or two backup songs they wish to perform for contest submission on any given night in case said song file in my library is incomplete, missing, corrupt, or otherwise unavailable for your performance.
9. Winning during a qualifying week automatically enters that contestant into the finals for the current month, once qualified for the finals a contestant may not submit another performance for qualifying during that month, and all votes cast during a given qualifying week have only pertain to that week, and are not carried over to "Finals Week"
10. Prizes will be awarded to a single contestant, for the "Finals Night" Performance vote count, votes from the previous qualifying weeks are not included in this total. The voting phase for "Finals Night" will be identical to qualifying weeks, concerning voting phase length, and start and end times. The monthly "All-Star" will be announced, and prizes will be awarded the next Wednesday which will always be the first Wednesday of every month.
11. Prizes are predetermined, but are subject to change at any time, and are not considered to have cash value, and therefore cannot be substituted or refunded by competition officials. In some cases two or more possible prizes may be offered, winners may select a single prize or lot, once delivery is tendered winner may not request a swap.
12. All Rules are subject to change at any time without notice, contest officials may have to make rules determinations or adjustments in good faith, these decisions are considered final and may not be disputed.
Listen to the performances below, then scroll down to cast your vote. Note; A Facebook login will be required to verify your identity and prevent an individual from voting multiple times. The Woobox webapp I use to verify your Facebook account is a paid service which I fund and I have personally vetted for the safety of your personal information on Facebook. It will require you to give Woobox permission to access your Facebook identity, but only accesses your public information, and cannot make posts on your behalf, and does not display ads. It is 100% legitimate and safe. This is the only method to cast votes for the contest, comments, likes, messages, emails, etc. will not count as a valid vote.